Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...









and snow it did on Monday. We woke-up to a blizzard. Little did we know it had been snowing for hours and would keep on snowing for hours! All-in-all, we would say we got about a foot and a half of snow! That is the most snow we (the Bacon family) have ever seen in Utah county! You all know I am not a big fan of the cold weather and that I think snow has it's place...in the mountains. I have to admit this was rather exciting:) The snow coming down was beautiful and the fact that I didn't really have to go anywhere it was okay that I was snowed in my house! Jon didn't go into work, Marcus played in the snow for a couple of hours while Jon and Tim shoveled driveways and I sat inside and stayed warm drinking hot chocolate. Had I been really smart I would have sat on the couch and watched a movie. However, I did house chores and made food for the fam all day long. Today there are partially cloudy skies but there is a forecast of more snow in the future... not so sure how I feel about that!
(Hence the reason I put Hawaiian paper on my blog - we all could use thoughts of warmer weather.)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

You know Michelle, I've been looking at your new wallpaper for a while now, and never once did I get that it was Hawaiian. Perhaps it's because I live in the north but to me it looked like the patterns of frost sometimes etched on the window when it's cold - and well the blue colour seemed to bring out the coldness. I thought the paper was a lovely wintry choice for January! Shows you how much I know!!

I love the pictures of Marcus helping out. Snow can be fun - mostly when you don't have to drive in it!

Mahana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mahana said...

ha ha ha! and here we sit in alaska with NO snow! that's right. "warm" winds have been-a-blowin' and it's all gone! now where are my shorts?? yeah right. you know me better than to believe that last sentence!

Patti Smith said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow! We got some, but maybe 1/3 of what you got. It looks like Marcus was having fun

Suzanne said...

That's how much snow we've been getting a week this winter. I don't know if I'm going to survive in New England!

Laura said...

Wow. I can't believe how much snow!!! Weather like that makes me greatful that I'm living in California. That's right, leave it up to the men to shovel the snow while you stay inside where it is warm. I would do the same.
Catch ya later.

Ike said...

Love the Shades Jon!! Good job getting out there and shoveling that snow