Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Daughter Has a Name!

Introducing: Eliana Renée Bacon!!


A little background on her name. When Michelle and I lived in Washington D.C. in the latter half of 2003, Michelle was a nanny for the children of the family we lived with. One of their daughters name is Eliana. When I first heard the name I absolutely fell in love with it. Not to mention the Eliana we knew being one of the cutest children I'd ever met (she had me wrapped around her finger! I should add, both of their children were absolutely beautiful!).

Fast forward to our current neighborhood. Our neighbors and friends the Mabey's have the only other Eliana we've ever met (among their four beautiful daughters!). This actually made the decision for our daughter's name a little tough (every girl knows they want an "original" name--even though there isn't such a thing--for their baby) since we didn't want it to be weird having a daughter with the same name as our friends daughter. However, their Eliana is also SUPER cute and sweet as can be (as are all of their daughters!), so again, the name association was positive. It still wasn't an easy decision.

The clincher came through the meaning of her name. Eliana (pronounced, elle-ee-AN-ah) means "God has answered." Truly, we know He has. Renee is Michelle's middle name as well.

So now you know... "The rest of the story!" Feel free to help us spread the news!

12 comments:

Elise said...

That is a beautiful name for such a beautiful baby girl. I am so glad that everyone is doing well. Congratulations!

Cynthia said...

Beautiful name - beautiful baby. Congrats guys.

Anonymous said...

she is so tiny, just like a delicate little flower... beautiful, beautiful little girl, and an exquisite name to match! CONGRATS! :)

~~T

Rolph Family said...

I love it! We have a little girl named Eliana in our ward as well and she is so darling. Congrats to both of you and glad she is doing so well.

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Beautiful name!
Ok, so I haven't heard any details on what happened!!! I was hoping Brandon and I could also help you out with anything!?! Dinner, dessert, watching the kids? :) Any help you need please let us know! But, I'm glad mom and baby are doing well!

Sally said...

Love the name!!!! Congrats!!!

*** said...

Oh little Eliana, what a darling name! CONGRATULATIONS!! I just love the picture of her with her Mommy. So very sweet...

Brittany said...

Congratulations! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm curious how early she was? I can't believe how tiny she is!

The Larchars said...

Michelle, that picture is so precious of the two of you! She is beautiful even though she is so small. I can't believe how much hair she has!!!! Wow!!!

Jaclyn said...

I can't believe how much she looks like your boys with that dark hair.
I wish we we closer to help you with your boys. Congratulations!

Melissa said...

What a sweet (and strong) baby girl, and what a beautiful name you have chosen for her! She is in our continued prayers, and we are glad that she is doing so well!

Rick and Melissa :)

Shauna said...

congrats you guys! what a cute name--I love it! Enjoy your little bundle of joy!