Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chalk One Up for Men Everywhere



As some of you may have seen (see the previous post below), my beautiful and loving wife decided to enlist the help of her fellow "mommy bloggers" in persuading me that a kitchen play set would be an acceptable Christmas gift for our boys.

Many comments later you have helped me persuade her that boys SHOULD be boys, even if "some accomplished, (questionably) manly men are successful chefs," "gender roles are (supposedly) out," "you'd (supposedly) buy one for your boys (if you had one)," or "I sound like Tom (who went up a few notches in my book based on that comment)."

Looks like our boys will have a chance to be MEN after all! Chalk one up for the guys!

Next mission: Convincing her Fantasy Football is a wonderful hobby!

*Special props to my co-worker Lindsay (a girl) who was the first to post the idea of a workbench play area for the boys, and provided the link to Toys R Us for this wonderful photo.

11 comments:

Kris said...

Hear hear!

Guys everywhere just breathed a sigh of relief.

Cynthia said...

Okay, okay. I'll admit it - that is pretty awesome. And, knowing my husband, that workbench will accompany us home from the hospital if we ever have a boy.

Mahana said...

That is a pretty awesome work bench. Nice idea for sure.

Greatest Lakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bacons-Bits said...

I will never give into Fantasy Football!

ACSpencer said...

Jon, you are right, work bench all the way.

Chad and Amy said...

You are right our (pretend) boy would love to play with that, in fact maybe I should buy that for Chad!

Bacons-Bits said...

Yup, I'm feeling pretty good about this one! Thanks for all the support!
--Jon

Laura said...

Love the workbench. Owen would love that shop vac attached to it.

Laura said...

Oh and Michelle there are just some things you have to give into as a wife, and fantasy football may have to be one of them.

The Shirley Family said...

Wow, That is one awesome work bench. I have to be honest and say as much as I love the little kitchen and I am dying to get Addison a little kitchen set. If we had two boys and no girls I would not buy a kitchen. Not that boys can't play with them, but I would buy something more like that work bench.