Thursday, September 25, 2008

Where is Marcus!?!

We have had a few incidents where Marcus has gone missing.
At this point I am almost feeling like the mother of the boy who cried wolf!

The first time was a Saturday afternoon, We were all inside the house doing stuff when all of the sudden I said, "Where is Marcus?" I called for him but no answer. I noticed that the front door was unlocked and thought he must of gone outside. So I looked outside, we knocked on all the neighbors doors, we looked all through the house, twice! We had the neighbors out looking for him and I was just about the call the police when, Jon found him. He had been hiding between the couch and the blanket basket. As soon as Jon saw him and said his name Marcus burst into tears. He knew we had been looking for him.
Then...
One day Marcus wanted to go across the street to see if his friend Jacob could come over to play. I watched him walk across the street then started doing something with Seth. A few minuted later I looked outside to see where they were. No one there... I went and knocked on Jacob's door, no answer. I knocked on all the neighbors door and no answer, I started walking around looking for him, no where to be found. I called my neighbor, Amy, no answer. I kept looking for about 10 minutes then I called Amy again. Marcus had gone over to here house because Jacob wasn't home and May had gotten in the shower so she didn't hear me knock or call...
Then...
It was dinner time, Jon wasn't home yet, I was feeding Seth and Marcus came inside in a tissy. I sent him upstairs to his room and shockingly he went. So I finished feeding Seth, did the dishes when Jon came home. He went upstairs to get changed then came down for dinner. I called Marcus to come downstairs to eat also, no answer, MARCUS, no answer. "I didn't see him up there" says Jon. Where is he, He must of slipped past me and went outside. To which I get in big trouble for not being able to take care of my children. We start looking outside, I search everywhere upstairs. "He's not upstairs" says Jon...
This is where I found him!

Out cold in my bed totally under the sheets!
Oh, Marcus! You make our lives so, so, interesting!

6 comments:

Chad and Amy said...

I am so sorry about the second one. I should have known better then to trust a three year old.

Wendy said...

That's just a little scary isn't it!

Wendy said...

Ken says you should get a GPS collar for him!

Heidi said...

yeah, that's happened to me before. I actually had to call the cops once, but then we found him, and I called them back and told them not to come! scary!

Janene said...

How scary! That's the worst feeling in the world to not know where your child is...and mine have only been for a few seconds! I agree with Wendy!

Chris and Tenielle said...

How scary. I would have been in panic mode after 1 minute. You must be extremely level-headed. Oh, and tell Jon it's perfectly normal for little boys to wander off. My brother would follow my older siblings to school in nothing but his diaper and cowboy boots. My mom was so busy, she wouldn't even know that he was gone! Imagine how dumb she felt when the principal brought him back to the house - more than once!